The FWA accommodates vials up to 4.25″ diameter and 8″ high. The improved sealing head is interchangeable for caps from 11mm to 43mm in diameter.
The FWA has a cast aluminum base with a rubber pad on which the vial, with cap is placed. An adjustable V-guide centers the vial under the sealing head. The capper is operated by a handle to seal vials in the following sequence:
- The sealing head lowers until the pressure block seats on top of the seal.
- Sealing jaws close around the cap skirt.
- Top pressure is applied to the cap.
- Sealing jaws move up to crimp the seal.
Adjustments can be made for:
- Container diameter (V-guide).
- Container height (sealing head setting).
- Operating angle of the handle, according to operator preference.
- Handle stop to prevent over-crimping or crushing of the seal.
The FWA is not guaranteed to perform reliably in sterile environments.